The Chief Executive of the Swaziland Public Procurement Regulatory Agency assumes overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the SPPRA policies and programmes, development of the SPPRA Strategic partnerships and corporate relations as well as ensuring the SPPRA sustainability.
- Development of sustainable procurement strategies and implementation of actions that will result in the modernization of Public Sector Procurementin Swaziland with a view to making it efficient and effective.
- Building and maintenance of a strong multi-disciplinary management team to deliver value for money in terms of responsiveness, reliability and overall cost benefit, without loss of quality while adhering to the new Procurement Act.
- Ensure Government policies including private sector initiatives, public sector reforms, and anti-corruption measures are extended to public procurement.
- Assist the Agency to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Act as a consultant on various systems that are currently being developed by advising on the necessary controls required and on the strengthening of those already identified by the Executive Committee and the Board.
- Ensure that the Agency processes are in place to mitigate against any risk that may negatively impact on the achievement of its mandate as per the Public Procurement Act of 2011 and all relevant policies.
- Ensures that the Agency’s assets are adequately safeguarded.